Thermal Energy Practice Test
Enter your name>
Click or type the correct response. At the end; choose select when you have entered all your answers.>
1. If a substance has more particles, it has_____.
2. Heat is ______ energy moving from a warmer to cooler object.
3. Heat transferred by movement of currents within a fluid.
4. Air is a good _______ because it reduces heat transfer.
5. When substances are heated they __________?
6. A material _________ thermal energy as it freezes.
7. At what temperature can no more energy be removed from a substance?
8. When fuel is burned the process is called ___?
9. The transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves is called
10. Heat transfer occurs
11. Material that does not conduct heat is a/an______.
12. Temperature at which a gas turns into a liquid is called
13. Vaporization that takes place at the surface is called __________.
14. A steam engine is an example of a
15. Water freezes at 0 degrees on which temperature scale?
16. Absolute zero is 0 on which scale?
17. Heated air moves from the floor to the ceiling because of a process called
18. Which of the following is a good insulator?